Category A1 Line Mechanic (Turbine Engined Aeroplanes)
Fujairah aviation academy Aviation Maintenance Engineering College is approved and recognized by both the UAE General Civil Aviation (GCAA) and European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) for the purposes of Aircraft Maintenance Engineer licensing. Fujairah Aviation Academy providing Aircraft Engineering training in the B1.1 Aeroplanes Turbine Engine, B1.2 Aeroplanes Piston Engine, B2 Avionics categories and A
categories for Line Mechanic.
A category A
A category A aircraft maintenance license shall permit the holder to issue certificates of release to service following minor scheduled line maintenance and defect rectification within the limits of tasks specifically
endorsed on the authorization.
The course is scheduled for approximately 8 months divided into Theoretical Lectures and Practical Training as per UAE General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA-CAR147) regulation, preceded by 7 weeks
(180hrs) of Technical English Language as prerequisite. The Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Line Mechanic course scheduled as per the following phases:
Phase 1:It is divided into Theoretical Lectures and Practical Sessions (500hrs) covering the following modules:
3- Electrical Fundamentals
5- Digital Techniques
6- Materials and Hardware
7- Maintenance Practices
8- Basic Aerodynamics
9- Human Factors
10- Aviation Legislation
11- Aeroplane Aerodynamics Structures and Systems
15- Gas Turbine Engine
Phase 2: On Job Training (OJT)
This phase On Job Training consists of 300hrs training and will be conducted in Fujairah Aviation Academy Maintenance organization and in any external approved maintenance organization.
REQUIREMENTS FOR COURSE ENROLLMENT
1. Applicants must be at least 17 years of age.
2. Applicants must must present certificate in IELTS with minimum score of 4.5 or TOEFL with minimum score of 60% otherwise he has to pass Fujairah Aviation Academy Basic English Exam with minimum
score of 50%.
3. Applicant must pass Basic Mathematics and Physics examination at Fujairah Aviation Academy exam center with a minimum score of 50% in each subject.
At the end of the course the student will be granted certificate of recognition approved by UAE General Civil Aviation Authority
AED 55,000 (AED Fifty-Five Thousand Only), the Fees are exclusive of UAE-VAT which will be charged additionally.
1. First installment of AED 5,000 payable prior to course start date.
2. Second installment of AED 5,000 will be paid on second month of the course
3. The remaining amount (AED 45,000 will be paid in six equal installment of AED 7,500 in the succeeding months (6X AED7,500).
COURSE FEES INCLUDES:
1. All Books and Training Materials.
2. All Theoretical Lessons & Practical Lessons (500hrs).
3. The On Job Training period (300hrs).
4. Academy uniforms.
5. GCAA exam fees (one attempt for each module, 12 Multiple Choice and 3 essay exams)
1. Enrollment Fees AED 500.
2. Visa Fees – Per Year (If Required)
a. AED 3,000 Outside Country
b. AED 3,500 Inside Country
3. Extra Theoretical Lessons/ Practical Lessons Fees AED 50 per hour.
4. GCAA exam fees for any failed module.
5. License Application.
1. The costs stated above are minimum rates and it may vary depending upon each individual’s
capability of learning..
2. The duration of the course also depends upon the attendance of the student.
3. All Payments are Non Refundable.