Qualified Military Pilot Training - CPL/IR (A)
UAE & GCC Military and Police Pilots, who have attained and satisfied the criteria for Qualified Military Pilots (QMP), are eligible to apply for the Commercial Pilot Instrument Rating (CPL/IR) License
Diamond DA42 Glass Cockpit Aircraft equipped with Garmin G1000.
The course is divided between theoretical knowledge instructions and flight training as follow:
Phase 1 Theoretical Knowledge
Option 1: Regular Class Room Instructions
4 Weeks of theoretical knowledge instructions (100hrs) followed by 2 weeks of exams
(Internal and GCAA) for the following 14 subjects:
1. General Navigation
3. Flight Planning
5. Mass & Balance
6. Human Performance & Limitations
7. VFR Communications
8. IFR Communications
9. Radio Navigation
10. Aircraft General Knowledge
11. Aviation Law
12. Operational Procedures
13. Principles of Flight
Option 2 Distance Learning (ATPL DL for CPL/IR Holder)
8 Weeks of distance learning (220hrs), followed by 1 week (30hrs) theoretical knowledge instructions revision in the of class room, followed by 2 weeks of exams (Internal and GCAA) for the 14 subjects mentioned above.
Student will start the online study and once he/she has completed the entire progress test, he/she is eligible to start the classroom instruction revision in Fujairah Aviation Academy for 5 working days.
The schedule of the exams is based on the student readiness.
Phase 2 Flight Training:
3-week Flight training on Multi Engine aircraft (18hrs):
- 15hrs of dual instructional
- 3hrs for two skill tests.
REQUIREMENTS FOR COURSE ENROLLMENT
A rated Military/Police Pilot CPL/IR, who has been on active or non-active flying status within the past 12 months before applying must:
1. Valid GCAA Class 1 Medical Certificate.
2. Have successfully completed a course of Military Ground Training and Flying Training CPL/IR level.
3. Flight Experience:
A. 200 Total Flying hours
B. 70 hours as PIC/P1 Capt or PICUS/1st Pilot Non-Capt of which 50 hours of cross-country flight, which shall include a VFR cross- country flight of at least 540 km (300 NM), in the course of which full stop landings at two aerodromes different from the aerodrome of departure shall be made
C. 5 hours at Night.
Note: In the event of any deficiency or shortage in meeting the above flying experience requirements, the applicant is required to gain the additional flying experience at any of the GCAA approved flying schools before attempting the abridged course.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FROM GCC COUNTRIES
They will be required to provide the following details to the GCAA Licensing Department before they can be allowed to join a QMP Course with a GCAA Approved Flying Training Organization in the UAE:
1. A credit Report
2. A certificate from the GCC State Military Authority/Police Authority and/or the State CAA certifies the qualifications of the applicant. Any such letter shall be required to be endorsed by the UAE Embassy in the GCC Country.
3. Certification of the flying experience by the foreign Military/Police Authority
4. No Objection Certificate from the concerned Military/Police Authority .
5. A Certificate from the Military/Police Authority proofs that the applicant was not removed from the military service based on a disciplinary action
Note : The above requirements shall have to be endorsed by the U.A.E. Embassy in the GCC Country.
The duration of the course
Option 1 Regular Course 10-weeks
Option 2 Distance learning Course 14-weekss
AED 60,000/- (AED Sixty Thousand Only) + VAT
COURSE FEES INCLUDES:
- All Books and Training Materials.
- Theoretical Knowledge
- Multi Engine Flight Training
- Two Skill Test Flying Hours
- Uniform – 2 sets
- Internal exam fees (Two attempts for each subject)
- GCAA exam fees (One attempt for each subject)
1. First installment of AED 20,000 +VAT is to be paid prior to course start date.
2. Second installment of AED 20,000 +VAT is to be paid prior to flight training.
3. Third installment of AED 20,000 +VAT is to be paid after completing 10 hrs flying.
a. The costs stated above are minimum rates and it may vary depending upon each individual’s capability of learning. The duration of the course also depends upon the attendance of the student, weather conditions and the various maintenance requirements for the aircraft.
b. All Payments are Non-Refundable.
ADDITIONAL COSTS NOT INCLUDED
1. GCAA Medical Examination Fee.
2. GCAA Licenses Application Fee.
3. ELP Test Fee.
4. Designated Examiners’ Fee for Skill Tests.
5. GCAA exam fees for any failed exam.
6. Fee for Internal Exams for The Failed Subject Beyond Two Attempts.
EXTRA FLIGHT TRAINING RATES
The following rates apply only if you required additional training.