Procedural Instrument Flight Module Course (A)
PRIVILEGES OF THE HOLDER OF THE INSTRUMENT RATING
The aim of the IR (A) module Flying Training Course is to train pilots to the level of proficiency necessary to operate aeroplanes under IFR and in IMC. The course consists of two modules, which may be taken separately or combined :
The course is divided between theoretical knowledge instructions and Flight training as follows:
Theoretical Knowledge Instructions: Total time is 150hrs includes classroom work, inter-active videos and computer based training and internal examinations. This will be followed by seven GCAA examinations in the following subjects:
1- Air Law
2- Aircraft General Knowledge – Instrumentation
3- Flight Performance and Monitoring
4- Human Performance
6- Radio Navigation
7- IFR Communications
Flight Instruction: – Flying syllabus consists of Flight Training as follows:
1- Single Engine IR (A) (40hrs) divided in 25 hours Simulator and 15 hours in Aircraft
2- Multi Engine IR (A) (45hrs) divided in 30 hours Simulator and 15 hours in Aircraft
1. Cessna CE-172s or Diamond DA40 Glass Cockpit Aircraft equipped with Garmin G1000 for SE.
2. Diamond DA42 Glass Cockpit Aircraft equipped with Garmin G1000 for ME.
REQUIREMENTS FOR COURSE ENROLLMENT
1. Valid GCAA Private Pilot License with Single Engine Rating.
2. Valid Class1 GCAA Medical Certificate.
3. Basic Instrument Flight module Completion Certificate to enroll for Procedural Instrument Flight module. Or GCAA CPL License
4. 50 hours Pilot-In-Command (PIC).
Procedural Instrument Flight module - The duration of the course is approximately 26 weeks (6 weeks theoretical knowledge instructions and 20 weeks Flight Training)
(1) Single Engine
AED 47,500/- (AED Forty Seven Thousand Five Hundred Only), The Fees are exclusive of UAE-VAT which will be charged additionally
(2) Multi Engine
AED 65,500/- (AED Sixty Five Thousand Five Hundred Only), The Fees are exclusive of UAE-VAT which will be charged additionally
COURSE FEES INCLUDES:
1. Theoretical knowledge instructions (150hrs)
2. Flight training
a. Single Engine: Total of 40hrs Flight Training (25 hours Simulator and 15 hours Aircraft)
b. Multi Engine: Total of 45hrs Flight Training (30 hours Simulator and 15 hours Aircraft)
1. Single Engine
a. First installment of AED 24,500 payable prior to course start date.
b. Second installment of AED 23,000 payable prior to start of flight training.
2. Multi Engine
a. First installment of AED 33,500 payable prior to course start date.
b. Second installment of AED 32,000 payable prior to start of flight training.
1. The costs stated above are minimum rates and it may vary depending upon each individual’s capability of learning. The duration of the course also depends upon the attendance of the student, weather conditions and the various maintenance requirements for the aircraft.
2. All Payments are Non Refundable.
ADDITIONAL COSTS NOT INCLUDED
1. GCAA Medical Examination Certificate.
2. GCAA Licenses Application.
3. Skill Test Flying Hours.
4. ELP Test.
5. Designated Examiners’ for Skill Tests.
6. GCAA exam fees for any failed subject.
7. Internal exams for any failed subject beyond two attempts.
EXTRA FLIGHT TRAINING RATES
The following rates apply only if you required additional training.
- Extra S/E Flight Training Fees AED 1,200 per hour
- Extra M/E Flight Training Fees AED 2,100 per hour
- Extra FNPTII Flight Training Fees AED 600 per hour