Private Pilot License DL (A)
The PPL DL (A) Training Program provides appropriate theoretical knowledge and flight instruction to students in preparation for their respective General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) examinations and practical skill test for the issue of Private Pilot License for Aeroplanes PPL (A) in accordance with GCAA FCL regulations.
The course is scheduled on 30 working weeks divided between theoretical knowledge training (distance learning & actual ground school classes ) and actual flight training as following:
Phase 1: Theoretical Knowledge
Weeks 1 to 10 Theoretical Knowledge Instruction (110hrs) divided between distance learning and actual ground school classes as following :
A. The Distance Learning Module constitutes 70 hours which is divided into 3 stages :
Stage 1 operation 26hrs
- Human Performance and Limitations (4hrs)
- Air Law and ATC Procedures (4hrs)
- Operational Procedures (2hrs)
- Meteorology (14hrs)
- Communications (2hrs)
Stage 2 technical 22hrs
- Principles of Flight (11)
- Aircraft General Knowledge (11)
Stage 3 navigation 22hrs
- Navigation (13)
- Flight Performance and Planning (9)
B. The actual Ground School Classes constitutes 40 hours as following:
- Aircraft General Knowledge (6hrs)
- Principles of Flight (5hrs)
- Aviation Law (5hrs)
- Operational Procedures (3hrs)
- Meteorology (5hrs)
- Navigation (5hrs)
- Flight Planning & Performance (5hrs)
- Human Performance (3hrs)
- Communications (3hrs)
1. Aircraft Type Technical Training (Internal exam only)
2. Ground school classes followed by in house and GCAA exams
Phase 2: Weeks 11 to 30 flight training - 45hrs
REQUIREMENTS FOR COURSE ENROLLMENT
1. Applicants must be at least 17 years of age.
2. A valid class 2 GCAA medical certificate.
3. Applicants must have one of the following levels at English language:-
a- Minimum of 4.5 in IELETS (In each skill level)
b- Minimum of 60% in TOEFEL
c- Minimum of 50% at FujAA exam center.
1. Applicants must be 16 years of age to go solo flight
2. Applicants must be 17 years of age to issue the license
The duration of the course is approximately 30 weeks
AED 74,000/- (AED Seventy Four Thousand Only),The Fees are exclusive of UAE-VAT which will be charged additionally.
COURSE FEES INCLUDE:
1. Soft Copy Books and Training Materials in addition to Ipad.
2. Induction training (one day).
3. PPLDL (70hrs)
4. Actual ground school (40hrs).
5. Single Engine Flight Training (45hrs).
6. Uniform – 2 sets.
7. In house exams (two attempts per each subject)
8. GCAA exam fees (one attempt for each subject)
1. First installment of AED 20,000 is to be paid prior to induction training.
2. The remaining amount (AED 54,000 is to be paid in 3 equal installment of AED 18,000 (3 equal monthly payments (the first payment AED 18,000 is to be paid prior to flying training).
1. The costs stated above are minimum rates and it may vary depending upon each individual’s capability of learning. The duration of the course also depends upon the attendance of the student, weather conditions and the various maintenance requirements for the aircraft.
2. All Payments are Non Refundable.
ADDITIONAL COSTS NOT INCLUDED
1. GCAA Medical Examination Certificate
2. GCAA Licenses Application
3. Skill Test Flying Hours
4. ELP Test
5. Designated Examiners’ for Skill Tests.
6. GCAA exam fees for any failed subject.
EXTRA FLIGHT TRAINING RATES
The following rates apply only if you require additional training.
- Extra S/E flight training fees AED 1,200 per hour
- Extra FNPTII training fees AED 600 per hour.